☰ < Open Menu
Pella Windows -Contractor Services
V.A. and Sons Construction
- Serving Salem since 1996
☰ < Open Menu
✅ About Pella Windows-A promise reflected in every window.
From Pella Windows website: "In the small Dutch Community of Pella, Iowa in 1925, Pete and Lucille Kuyper invested in a newfangled invention – a window screen that rolled up and down like a shade. The couple went on to found a company based on the principles of traditional American values, integrity and the desire to enrich the homes and lives of others.
Today, Pella Corporation is still owned by the Kuyper family, and continues to be a leader in technology and product innovation. In fact, we've been awarded more than 150 product and design patents. And the team at Pella is as committed as ever to continuing the company's proud heritage of building innovative windows and doors.
- 1925 – Pete and Lucille Kuyper invest in the Rolscreen Company to manufacture Rolscreen® window screens that roll up and down like a shade.
- 1934 – The Rolscreen Company introduces Pella Venetian Blinds.
- 1937 – The first Pella window makes its debut: the deluxe casement window with a steel frame, wood interior, divided windowpanes, exterior wash feature and removable insulating glass panel.
- 1958 – Introduction of the first roomside removable wood grilles (windowpane dividers).
- 1960 – Pella wood sliding glass doors become an important design element in American homes.
- 1964 – Pella invents the first double-hung window with a sash that pivots so exterior glass can be washed from inside the home.
- 1966 – Pella introduces Slimshade® blinds – the world's first window with blinds tucked between-the-glass.
- 1970 – The company introduces wood windows with low-maintenance aluminum-clad exteriors.
- 1985 – The first Pella Window Store opens, redefining how customers shop for windows and doors.
- 1990 – Pella Architect Series® wood windows and patio doors are introduced with patented Integral Light Technology® grilles that combine the realistic look of individual window panes with superior energy efficiency.
- 1993 – In our commitment to people, products and customers, Pella launches a companywide program to continuously improve its work processes and efficiencies.
- 1995 – Pella Precision Fit® pocket replacement windows install quickly and easily with little mess.
- 2000 – The first of six consecutive years that Fortune magazine recognizes Pella as one of the 100 Best Companies To Work For.
- 2000 – Pella entry doors are introduced, featuring another Pella breakthrough – Jamb-On-Sill design.
- 2000 – Pella creates the first casement window crank with a fold-away handle.
- 2001 – Pella's new HurricaneShield® windows and doors meet tough standards for impact resistance.
- 2002 – Pella debuts the sliding glass patio door with Rolscreen retractable screen.
- 2003 – Pella® Impervia® windows and patio doors are launched – made with our patented fiberglass material.
- 2003 – The company introduces its first vinyl window and door line.
- 2003 – Pella improves its between-the-glass blinds and shades by making them cordless so they're safer for children and pets.
- 2004 – Pella premieres its exclusive VividView® screen, which is virtually invisible and dramatically increases light and airflow.
- 2004 – Pella storm doors with Rolscreen retractable screens are introduced.
- 2004 – Pella offers a new Architect Series double-hung window with a historically correct profile, authentic spoon-style hardware, hidden sash tilt mechanisms and wood jambliners.
- 2005 – Pella's new Designer Series windows and patio doors feature exclusive snap-in between-the-glass window fashions that are easy to change.
- 2005 – The company launches its Express Install storm doors that can be installed in as little as 60 minutes.
- 2009 – Pella is the first to introduce a new high-altitude insulating glass option with argon.
- 2011 – Pella launches its patent-pending PerformaSeal® Design on Architect Series in-swing hinged patio doors featuring performance levels up to PG55 plus a lower sill height of 1.5 inches.
- 2011 – Pella launches Pella® 350 Series vinyl windows and patio doors with premium aesthetics, exceptional energy efficiency, plus blinds- or shades-between-the-glass on sliding patio doors.
- 2011 – Pella introduces three new entry door lines – Architect Series® featuring premium grained fiberglass or wood panels; Pella fiberglass panels; and Encompass by Pella® fiberglass or steel panels. Both the Architect Series and Pella entry doors feature the new PerformaSeal design. The first to be rated for air and water performance in the industry.
- 2014 – Pella® 250 Series Vinyl Windows are introduced.
- 2015 – Pella launches Pella® Insynctive® technology – a family of smart window and door products.
- 2015 – Pella acquires Grabill Windows and Doors – a premiere designer and manufacturer of custom luxury windows and doors for elite properties.
- 2015 – Pella expands its commercial offering with Architect Series® Monumental Hung Windows.
- 2016 – Pella introduces expansive Scenescape™ Patio Doors.
- 2016 – The Vibrancy Collection comes on the market – a trend-setting collection of colorful entry-door paint finishes to choose from.
- 2017 – Pella offers new hardware styles and finishes for wood windows and patio doors, providing more design choices than ever before.
- 2017 – Pella introduces Architect Series Reserve™ – our finest line of wood windows and patio doors – and adds Architect Series Contemporary windows and patio doors with sleek sightlines and minimalist design.
- 2018 – Pella revolutionizes single- and double-hung window screens with the patent-pending Integrated Rolscreen® retractable screen that seamlessly appears when you open the window and rolls out of sight when you close it, available on Pella Reserve - Traditional double-hung windows.
- 2019 – Pella® Lifestyle Series wood windows and patio doors are introduced, offering the most desired features and options, enhanced performance solutions and purposeful innovations to fit real life, room by room.
- 2020 – Pella introduces the patent-pending Easy-Slide Operator, a revolutionary way to operate casement and awning windows. Available on select casement and awning windows. Simply slide to open, without the effort of cranking.
- 2021 – The Easy-Slide Operator casement and awning window hardware, featuring simple operation, minimalist design and long-lasting durability, is awarded Azure Magazine’s People’s Choice AZ Award and the Best Window & Door Product and overall Best in Show by the International Builders' Show.
- 2022 – Pella introduces the Hidden Screen, the industry's first and only hidden screen for vinyl windows among leading national window brands. The innovative Hidden Screen appears when you want it and folds away when you don't. Available exclusively on select Pella® 250 Series windows."
At V.A. and Sons Construction, we advise you on the best solutions based on your style preferences and needs. With over twenty five years of experience with the products of top rated windows manufacturers, we consistently match the windows products to the client and their home.